Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Coke for HK$22 gets me 30 mins of Internet

I have finally arrived in Hong Kong. The trip was pretty taxing. I got up to stretch every few hours and I got to watch Pirates of the Carribean. Twice. I also watched some of my iTunes downloads--mainly SeaLab 2021. The ride wasn't too bad. 2 full meals, 1 small snack, and 1 larger snack. Plus tons of drinks.

The Hong Kong airport features 24/7 Christmas music, so it's just as annoying as it is in America.

I was wandering around aimlessly because there was no gate number posted for my flight to Bangkok. Now there is, and it's all the way down the terminal and I'm lazy. I needed to stretch my legs so I decided to walk around and found no Internet terminal. Apparently I've been walking by it all night. You have to buy something at the adjacent restaurant, though. This is where I purchased a 22 dollar Coke. Hong Kong dollars. The exchange rate is HK$7.6 to the US Dollar. That's still over 2 bucks for a can of Coke.

I'll be in Thailand in about 4-5 hours and I can't wait to get there. I just need some sleep. I rarely slept on the plane. I think my advice is to sleep early so you can pretend like you're caught up when you get to your destination. As soon as I get to Bangkok, I'm going to pop a unisome, which I purchased for a ridiculous $9 from LAX, and go to bed.

I don't know what more to add. I took a few photos already. My iPod is my best friend.

No comments: