Sunday, December 20, 2009

Food Poisoning

Looking straight down from our balcony.

Looking out our hotel room window

Drinks at the outdoor hotel bar called the "Octogon" shaped like.. yup you guessed it, a Dodecohedron. Just kidding, it was an octogon.

On the beach, lounging with booze.

Getting ready for parasailing!

I got some food poisoning in Pattaya I think. So I've been sick, and now sick again. Sucks. The last day in Pattaya was real shitty for me because Kelly and I decided to go Scuba diving... unfortunately for me it was on a boat and I get really terrible motion sickness.

Being on a boat for about 7 hours was pretty rough. I did go scuba diving once though, then yacked all over myself in the waters of Thailand's gulf. That was enough to make me swim to shore and sit on the beach for a bit. After that, I went on board the boat and just sat in one place for the next 4 hours till we got to shore.

Anyway, Jomtien beach and Pattaya were pretty spectacular as far as the sights go. I did enjoy parasailing and this sweet restaurant on the beach.

Doctor's visit today cost me $20 bucks. My godfather is the chief of emergency medicine (Dr. G, I call him) at the hospital I went to last time. He prescribed Dramaine, more antibiotics, some other medication, and plenty of rest, so that's what I'm doing today. Price tag, 20 bucks. Yup. American Healthcare, blow me. Oh, also they wheeled me out in a wheel chair because they didn't want me to walk. Every time I tried to walk on my own, a nurse came to wheel me. Classy.

No comments: