Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas

So there are so many people singing Christmas songs here and blasting them in the malls. It's kind of annoying. Even thousands of miles away from home I can't escape Christmas music. Last night we got swindled by a taxi. I asked him to take us to the Muay Thai boxing--kickboxing--and he took us to an arena across town. He didn't use his meter because he said it'd be 120 baht. I said, fine, take us there--however, he did not. We paid him just the same and I can only hope that he uses the money to get his teeth fixed. He had the nerve to try and ask us for more money to take us to the right place. What an a-hole.

So the day wasn't a total loss. I found a bunch of things to buy and buying I did. My Xmas shopping is pretty much done. We also went to the night bazaar here where they have live music. I've come to the conclusion that the only songs Thai people know are Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight" and Bob Dylan's/Guns N Roses' "Knocking on Heaven's Door." Somehow, Thai people think that these are the songs American's listen to the most, so they play it the most. It's slightly amusing to me since the first day I was here I went to Karaoke and they asked me to sing these exact same songs--to which I now regret for trashing my voice and making me sick.

We're starting to get bored of Bangkok and I am regretting putting my faith into so many of the people here. I wanted to spend more time in the country or the beaches, but that hasn't happened.

Here are some photos.

The Skytrain:


A view of Bangkok from the sky train.


Brad playing Drum Master!


The Night Bazaar at Silom


Xmas in Thailand on Khaosan Road

No comments: